Setting up your files for digital and large format print
Please pay particular attention to the following guidelines.
We specialise in fast turnaround high quality digital print and can only do this if your files are set up correctly.
Anything that is not correct or to our specifications can always be sorted out, but usually takes extra time, meaning that any deadlines you have may be missed and you may incur extra costs.
If you are unclear on anything please contact us for further details. We are always happy to help.
- You need to send your artwork as a PDF format file.
- This needs to be made using the 'PDFx1a' or press setting.
- This setting is available in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Quark Xpress.
- Alternatively a full copy of Adobe Acrobat or other PDF production applications allow you to make a PDF file from ANY software package.
- Any background colour or image in your artwork needs to 'bleed' 3mm on any outside edges
- Ideally if available please include crop marks at the corners.
- All images should be 300dpi and CMYK.
- Any images produced in Photoshop (or similar software) that incorporates text or very fine details should be 300dpi
- Keep any text or key graphic elements in the 'safe area' - this is at least 5m away from any edges
- For leaflets, cards and other digital print your artwork needs to be actual size.
- For posters, banner stands, canvases and exhibitions your artwork needs to be quarter of the final size.
If you do not understand any of these instructions or need a hand with your artwork please contact usas we have a full design and artwork team and will be happy to quote for producing your work, hopefully saving you time and any inconvenience.